This device comes with these parts:
-custom mushroom tube for forehead and cheek
-custom tongue tube for around nose
-custom tongue tube to tighten around eyes
-custom comb tube for hair combing
-insulated probe holder and base
-switch to adjust intensity
-110-240 standard north american plug
This device is not recommended if you are pregnant, wearing a pacemaker, have epilepsy or any type of nervous system condition. Please consult your doctor if you are not sure if this device is right for you.
- employs non-invasive, cool and painless plasma technology to break down air particles into active plasma ions at a rate of 1 billion ions per second.
- is the world’s first portable beauty device with plasma technology delivering six clinically proven benefits for the skin:
– fuller lips
– treats acne
– reduce sunspots
– balances skin hydration
– stimulates lymph drainage
– tightens skin and pore size
– brow lift and thicker brows
– smooths fine lines around eyes
– tightens up neck and other areas of body
– combats thinning hair and hair loss
– clears cellulite and sculpts the body
I have found that the best products to use in conjunction with high frequency treatment to help shrink down large pores is the glacial clay cleanser + mask. A single treatment can be very effective at reducing reducing the appearance of cellulite when used in conjunction with richly hydrating raspberry elixir, supernatural oxygen castor oil pack (especially for scalp treatments!) or rooibos cream.
HOW CAN IT IMPROVE THE SKIN?
REDUCING HARMFUL MICROBES THAT CAN LEAD TO SKIN INFLAMMATION AND INFECTION
Plasma treatment is used to treat skin ulcers and bed sores in hospitals where the infection has become resistant to most common antibiotics. This is a breakthrough in the medical industry where multiply resistant bacteria are a problem. The sterilization of skin is painless and leaves healthy skin intact.*
A single 2-minute treatment of cold atmospheric plasma was shown to be safe, painless and effective, decreasing 40% of bacterial load in plasma-treated wounds, regardless of the species of bacteria and without any noted side effects.
TREATING DERMATITIS AND ACNE
By directly reducing the P. acnes bacteria in the pores.
ANTI-AGEING AND SKIN REGENERATION
Plasma directly improves blood flow so the skin cells receive more nutrition. Plasma increases the activity of the fibroblasts to make more collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. Data has shown over 25% improvement in lines around the eyes after six weeks.
INCREASING ACTIVE INGREDIENT PENETRATION FROM SERUMS INTO THE TARGET CELLS OF THE SKIN
Plasma is widely used in medicine for enhanced drug delivery. As the skin is charged with high amounts of energy through plasma, the skin becomes more absorbent to water. This means that water soluble substances are more likely to be attracted and absorbed through the skin, and penetration of molecules such as vitamin B, vitamin C, many peptides and other water-soluble cosmeceuticals will be more effective. Studies have shown a 41% increase in the amount of water-soluble nutrients absorbed after 10 minutes of using cold plasma.
what is plasma?
Back in science class we were taught about the three states of matter: solid, liquid and gas. Now, think of water in three phases: ice, liquid and steam. The particles in a solid ice cube are close together and highly attracted to each other so the ice stays in one piece. As the solid ice is gradually heated the attraction between the particles is reduced and the ice becomes liquid water. If this water is then heated even more, the particles of water are turned into gas (steam) where they are free to dart about in the air as vapour particles. The less attraction between particles, the higher the energy they contain.
Well, did you know that there is a fourth state of matter, plasma?
Plasma is hot ionised gas and is made up of highly energised charged gas particles. The universe is made up of 99% plasma. It has to be generated by very high temperatures in the atmosphere – over 100,000 degrees Celsius in fact! Lightning is an example of plasma gas being produced naturally when high temperatures create charged particles of air, then these charged gases travel from the sky to the ground as intense light. Interesting stuff, isn’t it?
PLASMA AND TREATMENTS:
1. HOT PLASMA IN COSMETIC SKIN SCIENCE
Plasma has been harnessed by science into ground-breaking medical technology for treating infection and wounds. Today, it has also become a part of the anti-aging and skin wellness industry. There are now new clinical treatments that utilize hot plasma to tighten skin, increase collagen production and remove fine lines and wrinkles. Hot plasma treatments are performed at extremely high temperatures and whilst the results are measurable, it is more painful with a longer recovery period.
2. COLD PLASMA IN COSMETIC SKIN SCIENCE
Enter: the new realm of cold plasma home treatments. This cold plasma technology that involves applying electrical energy through a conducting plate to charge the particles of air between the skin surface and the plate at normal room temperature, with no direct heat needed. These charged particles create a number of wound healing and other visible skin benefits. The great news is there is no pain involved, and the treatment can be performed in only a few minutes morning and night.
treatment instructions + contradictions
This treatment can be done on clean, bare skin, or with a skincare product. I like to use the iv nutrition facial mist before and after.
- The glass electrodes will glow when touched to the skin and the color of its light will indicate the electrode is on.
- Prep your skin. Cleanse your skin using any cleanser you normally use and rinse it thoroughly with water then pat dry. It’s also good to use a facial steamer for a few minutes before using the jet plasma but it’s optional and not necessary.
- For those who have acne-prone skin, apply desired cream product to avoid over drying the skin.
- Place the desired electrode into the wand.
- Turn the power control on to its lowest setting.
- Apply it on your face and gently glide in upward or circular motion.
- Turn the power switch off.
- Clean the electrode with soap and water. Don’t soak the electrode or the machine in water. Dry it with clean towel then store it properly.
Check out my story highlights on my instagram where I add new tips and videos daily!
The tool itself looks like a stick with a little bubble on the end—that bubble is the electrode. The electrode produces plasma (a plasma that’s good for your skin). When applied to the skin it generates oxygen, kills bacteria, and calms inflamed skin.
I recommend starting on a low setting (no higher than half way on the dial) and using it once or twice a week for 10-20 minutes, depending on the area you are working on. I noticed that using it daily did not give my skin the resting time to fully regenerate. If the surface of your skin feels a little tight and dry, use it less each week. Keep dial on low for face and medium to low for body.
Clean device with water and soap and do not fully immerse.
- Avoid using aggressive AHA or glycolic acid products with this device as they an over-dry the skin, especially during the winter months.
- Avoid treating areas of broken capillaries, spider veins and rosacea as high frequency may exacerbate these conditions.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker or history of heart disease.
- Avoid wearing metal jewelry during treatment to avoid risk of shock.
- Never operate with a broken bulb.
- Do not use outdoors, near water or around combustible substances.