“The first step to healthy, radiant skin is balancing digestive health. Good skincare follows.
My vegan skincare-quality makeup range blends selected food ingredients with a natural fermentation process to bring out the very best in all of our ingredients and keep the skin’s ecosystem strong and healthy. It may not soundsexy or interesting to you but the fact is: YOUR skin IS turned on by fermentation! quite literally! Let me explain:Fermentation is the natural breaking down into microscopic, active particles, of live organic matter.
This process produces Enzymes, proteins & amino acids. Different original matter, produce different enzymes & proteins etc, They are not all the same, but they all need to ferment to produce a truly potent, natural active, so small in molecular structure it is able to pass directly and deeply down into the skin and be totally compatible with your skin’s biology.”
My priorities are safety, high performance, and quality. First and foremost, I ensure that my products are safe to use, even by those with compromised and sensitive skin. Second, I put my products through multiple testing models to ensure that they perform at the high levels expected. Finally, I use only the most nourishing, healing, and repairing ingredients with no known links to health hazards or irritations. I work hard to provide safe but effective products by coupling scientific knowledge and expertise with good old-fashioned practical sense. By filtering out data that may be heavily weighted with unsubstantiated opinions and agendas, formulators create results that can be trusted to not only perform at high levels, but to safeguard optimal health.
• Work with the skin, using bio-compatible, natural and/or organic ingredients to help the skin recover its natural balance, comfort level, and radiance.
• Are made up of 99.4—100% natural content.
• Contain up to 87% organic ingredients.
• Use locally-sourced, sun-dried glacial clay, found on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
• Do NOT contain any ingredients linked to cancer, hormone disruption, reproduction abnormalities or other health issues.
• Do NOT have synthetic fragrances—only non-hormone altering plant extracts provide a light scent to each product. Even organic essential oils can irritate skin, while some may have a slight potential to mimic the action of estrogen, so they are excluded.
• Have a stable preservative system approved by major worldwide natural/organic standards bodies to guarantee appropriate shelf-life without contributing to environmental harm.
• Include hypoallergenic ingredients not known to cause skin irritation, burning, itching, or allergic reactions.
• Contain anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and skin-soothing ingredients that encourage repair and healing of compromised skin.
• Are NOT tested on animals or contain ANY ingredients whose origins are from animal parts.
Always 100% free of synthetic dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, 1,4-dioxane, phthalates, mineral oil/petrolatum, silicones, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES, PEG/PPG, triclosan, MEA-DEA-TEA, aluminum, disodium EDTA, hydroquinone, talc, ureas and chemical sunscreens. To read more on each of these ingredients go to our Ingredients to Avoid List.
WHY PURE EARTH?
Nourishing real foods—naturally fermented—made with the best of the local seasonal harvest. We source straight from the highest-vibe local farmers using organic sustainable regenerative techniques, because we believe in growing an Earth-friendly local food system for the next generation.
WHY LOCAL & ORGANIC?
These are the only truly ‘local’ natural ferments, which are actually grown and made locally, using the very best of the fully ripe & nutrient-dense seasonal organic and biodynamic local harvest.
Buying Local Farmer Direct, means 98% of my ingredients are purchased package-free. Fair wages for local farmers. Also, no big-transport and no-warehousing (reducing carbon expenditure).
Sourcing Local Organic & Biodynamic, means we are voting with our money, to support small-scale sustainable regenerative farming techniques that actually replenish (not deplete) the soil—this is the only way forward. The results are increased crop productivity, and more nutrient-dense vegetables. Furthermore, supporting this type of agriculture means no spraying, no pesticides or fertilizers (made from fossil fuels), and none of the other chemicals used in non-organic farming that are systematically destroying our eco-system.